The company started out as Dickens & Brown in 1947, where founder Clement Dickens worked as a master craftsman laying bricks. His reputation for hard work and attention to detail soon became synonymous with the company he founded at Dorset Avenue in Cleveleys. Fast forward a generation and in 1977 Clement Dickens & Son moved to its present location at Red Marsh Industrial Estate in Thornton.
Clement Dickens remains a family owned firm, employing three of the fourth generation of Dickens’ to enter the trade, including managing director Ross Dickens. Still steeped in the traditional values which have kept it as one of the region’s best loved builders, the firm now has a workforce of more than 100 skilled and experienced trades-men and women, customers across the public and private sectors, and has a portfolio of successfully completed projects throughout the Fylde Coast, Lancashire and Cumbria.